Drinking green tea doesn’t work wonders overnight but the positive green tea side effects to the human body are amazing! Green tea was known to be a good weight loss aid and as a source of powerful antioxidants for healthier body. There are very numerous benefits of green tea but very few negative side effects to worry about.
Green tea for a healthy body
People drink green tea for health reasons. Because of the adverse side effects from synthetic medications, more people are resorting to natural remedies like green tea drink.
- Burns fats and calories. The green tea side effects to lose weight are attributed to the compounds that speed up the metabolic rate of the body. These are called catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). The reaction between these substances creates a thermogenic effect that burns the fats and calories faster for weight loss. Appetite is also suppressed when drinking green tea for weight loss. Green tea is the safest method if you want to lose weight because it does not contain any harmful additives and chemicals like other weight loss products.
- Lowers blood sugar level. Green tea drinkers who were subjects of recent green tea researches were found to have lower blood sugar levels. If you are looking for a natural way to regulate or lower your blood sugar, drinking green tea is a safe alternative to fight diabetes.
- Increases HDL. Studies on green tea drinkers showed that good cholesterol level is increased while bad cholesterol is decreased when you dink green tea. This means that for optimum health, we should include drinking green tea in our daily diet.
Here are more reasons to get the best of the green tea side effects.
- Prevents heart diseases and stroke
- Kills bacteria that cause tooth decay
- Aids in auto-immune problems
- Helps fight diseases and retards aging
- Prevents rheumatoid arthritis
- Strengthens stress tolerance
- Slows up atherosclerosis
- Builds bone density
- Speeds up recovery from stroke
- Protects the brain and liver from damage
- Increases body endurance
Just 3 cups everyday will give you the important antioxidants for your healthy body. You can benefit a lot from the effects of drinking green tea.
There are very few negative green tea side effects noted and they are related to caffeine.
A little caffeine in green tea
The only negative green tea side effect observed is insomnia due to the caffeine content. Green tea contains 30 mg of caffeine in an 8 oz. drink but if caffeine is not good for you, then you must limit your consumption.
Too much green tea
Too much of anything is not good. If you drink too much green tea, the caffeine content may cause you to complain of insomnia,irregular heart beat, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches and loss of appetite.
Pregnancy and green tea
If you are pregnant, drinking too much green tea may not be advisable. At a moderate level, the green tea caffeine may not be harmful but too much of it may decrease the folate levels. Deficiency in folic acid level can cause spina bifida in the unborn child.
If you are taking some medications or if you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before taking any supplements.