Health is wealth. For the Chinese, being healthy means an average of three cups of green tea daily to enjoy green tea health treatments. Since ancient time, Chinese people have considered green tea as a remedy for many kinds of ailments because of the benefits of green tea. The Japanese, too, found that green tea has helped them to maintain slim body or to lose weight. Green tea health treatments have been widely used and proven effective worldwide because of the green tea antioxidants.
EGCG in green tea
What makes green tea more healthful than other types of tea? Although from the same camellia sinensis plant, green tea has more antioxidants specifically epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). It is the component in green tea which gives the maximum benefits of drinking green tea.
Health treatments of green tea
Listed below are the green tea health treatments you can expect. If you drink green tea regularly it can:
- Help minimize the risk of colon, breast and lung cancer
- Boost the immune system
- Prevent tooth decay
- Increase the body’s energy expenditure up to 4 percent
- Increase the good (HDL) cholesterol level and reduce the bad (LDL) cholesterol level
- Help prevent atherosclerosis specifically coronary artery disease.
- Promote weight loss by increasing metabolism rate
- Have an anti-inflammatory effect making it helpful for those with rheumatoid arthritis
- Help reduce inflammation associated with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis or Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Inhibit growth of new cancer cells and destroy existing cancer cells
- Help protect the liver from the damaging effects of toxic substances such as alcohol.
- Be a possible inexpensive treatment to Down syndrome
Steaming the green tea
Green tea undergoes a careful process from harvesting to steaming the tea leaves. By steaming, it is guaranteed that all necessary antioxidants and the green color of the leaves are retained. Steaming prevents oxidation and this is what distinctively differentiates it from other tea.
Ways to enjoy green tea
The benefits of green tea can be enjoyed in two ways:
- You can add it to your daily diet by drinking a minimum of 3 cups of warm green tea.
- You can also take it in tablet or capsule form.
Nowadays, green tea extract is one of the best health supplements in the market.Whether as a drink or in tablet form, no risks or side effects were reported so far by green tea drinkers.