Almost everyone is talking about the amazing healing benefits of green tea. Women and men with skin problem will surely want to know what green tea skin care is.
The active and important ingredient in green tea is known as antioxidant which is referred to as catechin polyphenols. Black tea including white tea also contains catechins although not in the same high amount as green tea.
The four catechins
There are four catechins found in green tea: epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG, epicatechin (EC), gallocatechin (GC), and epigallocatechin (EGC).
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is the most potent ingredient in green tea. It has the highest content that is about 9-13% in net weight. It is the antioxidant that prevents cancer and heart diseases including hypertension and stroke.
- Epicatechin (EC) works in the same way as EGCG, although less EC can be found in green tea than EGCG.
- Gallocatechin (GC) is another antioxidant compounds which can also be found in fruits like Musa Cavendish bananas.
- Epigallocatechin (EGC) has been found to inhibit cancer cell growth based from the findings on human breast cancer research in France.
Many universities and pharmaceutical companies have conducted various researches on the health benefits of green tea. The catechin polyphelol antioxidants can be enjoyed in any forms such as extract, pills, tablets, patches and other products coming out in the market. Green tea skin care is as important as the other green tea side effects.
Green tea skin regimen
What are the green tea skin care facts that you need to know? Green tea topical formulations can minimize damage from too much exposure to sun. It also reduces inflammation in acne or other skin infections. If you can incorporate it in your daily beauty care, you will be happy with the results.
How can you benefit from the green tea skin care mentioned?
- Use it together with your sun protection or sunscreen.
- Use a sunscreen protection with SPF of 30 or less, along with a facial cleanser for exfoliating.
- Use a vitamin C serum along with the catechins in green tea.
What the catechins do is to provide sun protection from the UV light so that aging and skin problems are avoided or easily healed within 1-2 months of use and strict regimen. The combination of green tea and your beauty regimen daily will exfoliate the dead skin and enhance the collagen in Vitamin C.